In 1932 a whole ambulatory camp was built: a polyclinic, a dispensary and a pharmacy. All local buildings are faced with Armenian tufa – a stone of coarse texture of dark pink color. There are a lot of favorite elements of architects-constructivists – wide horizontal windows that let in a lot of light, flat roofs, balconies piercing the facade and similar to ship deck bridges, rounded flights of stairs, «air corridor» that connected the hospital and dispensary. By the way, the upper floors of the hospital for in-patients, once were equipped with aerariums – open balconies, areas for the reception of air baths. And the architect planned to turn the flat roof of the building into a solarium – for sunbathing. In particular, the operating room of the hospital was designed in fact glass. A semicircular room was surrounded by wide windows, and on top was a glass ceiling-roof made of glass. And the operating room itself, as if hanging in the air – with the ground it was joined by supports. After the war, these features disappeared.
Zaporozhye region, Metalurhiv Avenue, 9, Zaporizhzhia
47.858904 | 35.106683