This building was built in 1912 by the project of a very famous Kharkiv architect Victor Estrovich. It was a profitable house – its premises were rented and thus brought income to its owner. The profit was received by the notary Olexiy Lanshin. Not very common in Oleksandrivsk style of modernism, in which the house was built, only emphasized the status of the owner and attracted tenants. The highlight of the house, once there were also its decorations – alabaster masks, majolica inserts, sculptural compositions – for example, the sculpture of the god Mercury crowned the building. Unfortunately, during the Soviet period all these elements were barbarously destroyed.
Zaporozhye region, Sobortyi Avenue, 48, Zaporizhzhia
47.812116 | 35.182658