You must enable Javascript on your browser for the site to work optimally and display sections completely.
Login My trip
UaRuEn
Other architectural attractions

House Tyverovskyh brothers (previously - City Commercial Bank)

Art Nouveau building, built in the early twentieth century (1912) in order of Tyverovskyh entrepreneurs.
Like
Google Maps
Add to trip

House Tyverovskyh brothers (previously - City Commercial Bank)

Art Nouveau building, built in the early twentieth century (1912) in order of Tyverovskyh entrepreneurs.

Before the revolution, the ground floor hosted a pharmacy, casino and a shop, and the second - the city commercial bank.

This three-story brick house, with a decorative front tag that goes down over the windows of the third floor and reminds Ukrainian rushnyk. During the First World War the ground floor hosted the casino, where Russian singer Feodor Chaliapin performed.

In the spring of 1915 when Chaliapin traveled from Kyiv to Katerynoslav, he stayed in Cherkassy. He lived in the hotel "Slovianskyi" and performed in the casino.

After World War II the building hosted city clinic. Now institutions and organizations are located here.

Next to the building is a monument to heroes of the book by Mikhail Bulgakov "The Master and Margarita" Fagot and the cat Behemoth. The author is a famous sculptor Wladyslaw Dymion. It is made of the old batteries and installed in the summer of 2015. It has been presented as a gift to the architects on their professional holiday.

More
Less
Rates Reviews 0

Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city,225 Khreshchatyk Street

49.445352 | 32.062861

Review 0

No review

Attractions

Other architectural attractions

Blue palace (hotel of entrepreneur Skoryna ,,Slovianskiy" before)

Cherkasy city,229/20 Khreshchatyk Street

Natural objects and reserves

Regional Council Square

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Baidy Vyshnevetskoho and Lazareva

Other architectural attractions

First ministerial male gymnasium (now - the Music school named after S.S. Gulak-Artemovskiy)

Cherkasy city, 6 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Other architectural attractions

Lysak House (now - the city planetarium)

Cherkasy city, 14 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Natural objects and reserves

Bogdan Khmelnitsky Square (formerly - Castle Hill)

Cherkasy city, square surrounded by the streets Baidy Vyshnevetskogo, Rozkopnoi and Zamkovyi Uzviz

Other architectural attractions

Public bank building (now - Museum room of V. Symonenko, Pharmacy-museum)

Cherkasy city, 251 Khreshchatyk Street

Museums

Cherkasy regional museum of local lore

Cherkasy city, 1 Slavy Street

Objects of national liberation movement

Monument of Fighters for freedom of Ukraine

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Sviatotroitska, on the Sviato-Troitska alley, that goes from Shevchenka boulevard to Slavy Hill

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Holy Trinity Cathedral

Cherkasy city, 10 Slavy Street

Objects of national liberation movement

Memorial complex "Hill of Glory"

Cherkasy city, Slavy Street

Museums

Cherkasy city, 259 Khreshchatyk Street

Natural objects and reserves

Cherkasycity children's park (Yarova park before)

Cherkasy city, 168 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

Women's gymnasium (now - Center for children and youth creativity)

Cherkasy city, 33 Smilianska Street

Other architectural attractions

House of a forest ranger (now - Cherkassy Regional Academic Puppet Theater)

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk and Nebesnoi Sotni

Natural objects and reserves

Park ,,Valley of roses"

Cherkasy city, Haharina Street

Other architectural attractions

House of Scherbyna (now - Wedding Palace)

Cherkasy city,3 Nebesnoi Sotni Street

Sign up for newsletters and deals from discover.net.ua and our partners

By clicking submit you agree to the Terms and Conditions.