You must enable Javascript on your browser for the site to work optimally and display sections completely.
Login My trip
UaRuEn
Other architectural attractions

Lysak House (now - the city planetarium)

One-story building features a beautiful wooden gable roofed and carved inlaid doors, built by local contractor Grabar-Lisak in the 1870's as a private dwelling.
Like
Google Maps
Add to trip

Lysak House (now - the city planetarium)

One-story building features a beautiful wooden gable roofed and carved inlaid doors, built by local contractor Grabar-Lisak in the 1870's as a private dwelling.

This house local Grabar contractor Lisak built for himself in 1870's. A few decades later Grabar leased it to Austrian citizen Shvayhutu, who came to Cherkasy for a permanent residence. With some interruptions in the 1890's the building hosted elementary school gymnasium, later - urban public meetings. There was a library, city events held in the hall, the band playing. Since the beginning of the XX century the house hosted male high school, workshops of the first labor school, bank, municipal agencies. In the 1960s in the building was equipped with the first city's planetarium that works even today. One-story building features a beautiful wooden gable roofed and inlaid carved doors.

More
Less
Rates Reviews 0

Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city, 14 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

49.447192 | 32.061673

Review 0

No review

Attractions

Other architectural attractions

First ministerial male gymnasium (now - the Music school named after S.S. Gulak-Artemovskiy)

Cherkasy city, 6 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Museums

Cherkasy regional museum of local lore

Cherkasy city, 1 Slavy Street

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Holy Trinity Cathedral

Cherkasy city, 10 Slavy Street

Natural objects and reserves

Regional Council Square

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Baidy Vyshnevetskoho and Lazareva

Other architectural attractions

House Tyverovskyh brothers (previously - City Commercial Bank)

Cherkasy city,225 Khreshchatyk Street

Objects of national liberation movement

Monument of Fighters for freedom of Ukraine

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Sviatotroitska, on the Sviato-Troitska alley, that goes from Shevchenka boulevard to Slavy Hill

Objects of national liberation movement

Memorial complex "Hill of Glory"

Cherkasy city, Slavy Street

Natural objects and reserves

Bogdan Khmelnitsky Square (formerly - Castle Hill)

Cherkasy city, square surrounded by the streets Baidy Vyshnevetskogo, Rozkopnoi and Zamkovyi Uzviz

Other architectural attractions

Blue palace (hotel of entrepreneur Skoryna ,,Slovianskiy" before)

Cherkasy city,229/20 Khreshchatyk Street

Natural objects and reserves

Cherkasycity children's park (Yarova park before)

Cherkasy city, 168 Khreshchatyk Street

Natural objects and reserves

Park ,,Valley of roses"

Cherkasy city, Haharina Street

Other architectural attractions

Public bank building (now - Museum room of V. Symonenko, Pharmacy-museum)

Cherkasy city, 251 Khreshchatyk Street

Museums

Cherkasy city, 259 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

Women's gymnasium (now - Center for children and youth creativity)

Cherkasy city, 33 Smilianska Street

Other architectural attractions

House of a forest ranger (now - Cherkassy Regional Academic Puppet Theater)

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk and Nebesnoi Sotni

Other architectural attractions

House of Scherbyna (now - Wedding Palace)

Cherkasy city,3 Nebesnoi Sotni Street

Sign up for newsletters and deals from discover.net.ua and our partners

By clicking submit you agree to the Terms and Conditions.