You must enable Javascript on your browser for the site to work optimally and display sections completely.
Login My trip
UaRuEn
Other architectural attractions

Building of a local merchant Belahov (now - building of Cherkasy Regional National Asoociation of Writers of Ukraine)

One of the most beautiful mansions, built in 1880 in Cherkasy there was a building that belonged to a famous merchant family Belahov's.
Like
Google Maps
Add to trip

Building of a local merchant Belahov (now - building of Cherkasy Regional National Asoociation of Writers of Ukraine)

One of the most beautiful mansions, built in 1880 in Cherkasy there was a building that belonged to a famous merchant family Belahov's.

The building was built in modern style with elements of Empire. Here the residents first learned what the movie is. In late summer 1908 Byelahov merchant bought in Paris film projectors and using hi relatives silent movie was shown. So in Cherkasythe first theater for 120 seats appeared. In the corner stood a wardrobe, There his daughter sold tickets, son Michael in a film box "twisted movie", and the second son, Gregory, was a pianist - played the piano. Byelahov himself was the usher. Incidentally, in this same building entrepreneur Shkolnikov produced sitro and carbonated water. It also housed the shop, where the drinks were sold, so in summer in this part of Cherkasy there were no free seats, because everyone wanted not only to see art and see a movie, but drink. Shkolnikov sold from small carts. By the way, ice-cream was also: another attribute of the summer holidays. It had about 30 varieties. "Distributors" were the goods in barrels on his head, saying: "Sugar-frozen, laid Ball, Kopeika - price, taste it." Buyer ate the portion on the spot and turning glass which was cleaned by a cloth.

The house was built by a local merchant Belahov in late XIX century. It was one of the most beautiful buildings, built in 1880's. The house was built in the style of late modernism with elements of Empire, fully corresponds to the taste of middle class bourgeoisie of Cherkassy at that time. On the ground floor there were manufactory stores leased to other merchants. And on the first floor lived Belahov's family.

After the October Revolution there was a Youth Club, various governmental organizations. Before World War II on the ground floor there were stores, the second - the department of commerce, then - Regional office of cinema rent.

Now here there is the regional organization of the National Association of Writers of Ukraine.

More
Less
Rates Reviews 0

Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city,219 Khreshchatyk Street

49.446096 | 32.061543

Review 0

No review

Attractions

Natural objects and reserves

Regional Council Square

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Baidy Vyshnevetskoho and Lazareva

Other architectural attractions

Lysak House (now - the city planetarium)

Cherkasy city, 14 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Other architectural attractions

House Tyverovskyh brothers (previously - City Commercial Bank)

Cherkasy city,225 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

First ministerial male gymnasium (now - the Music school named after S.S. Gulak-Artemovskiy)

Cherkasy city, 6 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Other architectural attractions

Blue palace (hotel of entrepreneur Skoryna ,,Slovianskiy" before)

Cherkasy city,229/20 Khreshchatyk Street

Museums

Cherkasy regional museum of local lore

Cherkasy city, 1 Slavy Street

Objects of national liberation movement

Monument of Fighters for freedom of Ukraine

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Sviatotroitska, on the Sviato-Troitska alley, that goes from Shevchenka boulevard to Slavy Hill

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Holy Trinity Cathedral

Cherkasy city, 10 Slavy Street

Natural objects and reserves

Bogdan Khmelnitsky Square (formerly - Castle Hill)

Cherkasy city, square surrounded by the streets Baidy Vyshnevetskogo, Rozkopnoi and Zamkovyi Uzviz

Objects of national liberation movement

Memorial complex "Hill of Glory"

Cherkasy city, Slavy Street

Natural objects and reserves

Cherkasycity children's park (Yarova park before)

Cherkasy city, 168 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

Public bank building (now - Museum room of V. Symonenko, Pharmacy-museum)

Cherkasy city, 251 Khreshchatyk Street

Museums

Cherkasy city, 259 Khreshchatyk Street

Natural objects and reserves

Park ,,Valley of roses"

Cherkasy city, Haharina Street

Other architectural attractions

Women's gymnasium (now - Center for children and youth creativity)

Cherkasy city, 33 Smilianska Street

Other architectural attractions

House of a forest ranger (now - Cherkassy Regional Academic Puppet Theater)

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk and Nebesnoi Sotni

Other architectural attractions

House of Scherbyna (now - Wedding Palace)

Cherkasy city,3 Nebesnoi Sotni Street

Sign up for newsletters and deals from discover.net.ua and our partners

By clicking submit you agree to the Terms and Conditions.