The family of Polish magnates owned the palace until the end of the XIX century. The decorations of the ceiling, marble and hardwood floors with inlay are still preserved. The artificial cave grotto was built in the basement of the building, which is connected by the underground tunnels with the Odessa catacombs. In 1899, on the initiative of the Odessa Society of Fine Arts Odessa Art Museum was opened there. The exhibition presents works of the Ukrainian and Russian masters of the XVI-XIX centuries, such as, Aivazovsky, Tropinin, Savrasov, Shishkin, Repin, Surikov, Serov, Vrubel, Roerich, Benoit, Kandinsky and others.