The mail-coach communication functioned during 1865-1919. The Post Station was a single-storey building with basement – a typical example of the classical civilian architecture. In 1976-1982 it was restored.
On Poshtova Square there is the Church of the Nativity of Christ (2). At the beginning of May 1861 many Kyivites came to this church to give their final farewells to the deceased Ukrainian poet Taras Shevchenko during transportation of the coffin with his remains from St.Petersburg to Kaniv (128km south-west of Kyiv).
In the course of the 1977-1979 reconstruction, a pedestrian bridge was erected over the square. On the square there are the River-Boat Station, Poshtova Ploshcha Metro Station, the lower terminal of the Funicular Railway, the monument to the Sailors of the Dnipro Warships Flotilla, and the Riviera Hotel.
Kiev region, Postal Square, Kyiv
50.458943 | 30.524855