The building of the Oleksandrivsʹk Men's Gymnasium at the beginning of the last century was one of two dozen educational institutions in the city. To date, this building houses the first building of the Zaporizhzhia National University. This building was built on the site of a noble cemetery in 1909. Then it was a male gymnasium, in which, by the way, there was also a house church, except for study rooms. Zaporizhzhia Pedagogical Institute took this building in 1938. And three years later, in May 1941, a monument to Taras Shevchenko was erected in the building of the first corps. During the war, part of this building and a monument to the great Ukrainian writer were destroyed. Already in 1955 the building was completely reconstructed. In the 1950s and 1970s, around the first corps there was a fence: on this territory there was a magnificent rosary, and next to it was a meteorological site. Already in the 70's, when they began to build a sports complex, the rosary and the site were destroyed in favor of the new building.
Zaporozhye region, Zhukovsʹkoho Street, 66, Zaporizhzhia
47.819133 | 35.183392